mark morgenstern - awards and nominations
- Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec: writing grant for the feature film Moment One
- Canada Council: writing & development grant for the feature film Xanadone
- OFDC Calling Card production grant for Shooter, a short film with writer/producer Denis McGrath, Wordsmith Creative Productions.
- Selection and development of Press’d (with Denis McGrath) in the Canadian Film Centre’s Feature Film Project
- CTV Fellowship, Banff International Television Festival
- Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec: financial support for residency at the Canadian Film Centre Director’s Lab
- Media production residency at the Banff Centre for the Arts, National Film Board PAFPS (FAP) grant and Canada Council support for Incident at Tango Creek, a dance/fiction film with choreographer Janet Oxley
selected for Le Festival des Films du Monde (Montreal), the Vancouver International Film Festival, Le Rendez-Vous du Cinéma Québécois, the Rhode Island International Film Festival, and WorldFest Houston, where it won Bronze for Best Live-Action Narrative Short.
for Curtains/Rideau, co-directed with Stephanie Morgenstern:
Invited to over 25 international festivals, from Toronto to Mannheim-Heidelberg’s official competition. Some travel financially assisted by the Canada Council and the SODEC, some shipment assisted by Telefilm Canada. Reviews, television sales and complete festival list on request.
- nominated for the 1996 Genie Award for Best Short Film
- winner of three Golden Sheaf Awards at the 1995 Yorkton Short Film and Video Festival:
• Best Art Direction - International Telefilm Award (all categories)
• Best Script - Superchannel Award (all categories)
• Best Direction - Norman Jewison Award (all categories)
and also nominated for
• Best Cinematography - Fuji Award (all categories)
• Best Drama Under 30 minutes
- winner of the Palme d'or (16mm) Le Prix de la direction de l'audiovisuel du Ministère de la Culture (Huy, Belgium)
- winner STCVQ Prize for Technical Achievement at the 1988 Festival international du Jeune Cinéma
- nominated for a Golden Sheaf Award at the 1988 Yorkton Short Film Festival for Best Experimental Film
for Duo Dénum:
- finalist (one of three) for Best Video From Quebec at the 1988 Festival international du Jeune Cinéma